Monday, January 5, 2009

Clean Sweep

Happy New Year...

Wow, we made it through the holidays. Great to spend time with family and friends and indulge a little! Exchanging gifts and putting on a few extra pounds is very common for the holidays.

But, now its time for a fresh new start or I like to call it a "Clean Sweep"

Here's how:

Grab the biggest garbage bag you can find.

Scour your kitchen for anything that is not healthy and toss it in the bag.

Start on the countertops, fridge, freezer, cupboards, pantry. Proceed to family room or anywhere else that snacks may be stashed, maybe in your car or purse. Out they go.

I just completed my clean sweep and it feels great. Every Christmas cookie, box of chocolates, salty snack, dessert, ginergerbread houses, out they go. Its making a statement that I am back on track and will fuel my body with healthy foods.

The next step is to write out exactly what I am planning on eating for the day. I use my Curves Complete on-line weight loss program.

Fact: Those that write down what they eat are proven to be 80% more successful in their weight loss efforts.

Step 3 is to plan your exercise for the day.

As soon as I finish here, I am heading to Curves for my workout. Lets go sisters, we are back and ready to make 2009 are year!

We can all do this, remember we are all in this together.

No comments: