Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Set mini goals and reward yourself when you hit them.

I can finally say that I am more than half way to my goal of 55 pounds. I am now down 28.6 pounds.

It feels really good. We have an exchange student coming to live with us for a year. We pick her up next week from the airport, on Wednesday. My goal for when I pick her up is to be in the 160's. There is something very exciting in reaching a whole new set of numbers. Right now, I am 171.4 and I believe that I can do it. ....even to just see 169 is going to be awesome. I cant wait. If I get into the 160's by next Wednesday, I am going to give myself a reward of a spray tan. It really makes you feel like a new person, having a healthy glow.

Rewards are a great idea to get that feel good feeling of accomplishment. I highly recommend them for everyone. Set a mini goal and then reward yourself,,,,even something as small as a new nail polish or a fresh bouquet of flowers ...Keep the journey fresh and fun...

No comments: