Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Back by popular demand...Lifelong goal Achieved☺

It's December 8, 2015

It's been a while since I've blogged but I am back and more determined and excited than ever!

Why the excitement?

A little over one month ago, I fulfilled a lifelong goal...to run a full marathon before I turned 50.  On October 25, 2015 (my 50th Birthday I might add)...I ran the 26.2 mile Niagara Falls International Marathon. It's starts out in Buffalo U.S.A. and you end up in Niagara Falls, Canada.  I cannot describe the feeling of running across the Peace Bridge into Canada.   Freedom, joy, empowered, proud, excited...some of the emotions I felt on that day but strong and determined took the lead.

What heightened the experience even more was I had two other strong and determined women by my side.  One was a very successful member of my fitness club whom has become a very dear friend. The pride I felt seeing her take on this monumental endeavor with such confidence and courage moved me.  You see, she lost 143 pounds and just two short Yeats ago; running would have been the furthest thought from her mind.  I had the privilege of being her coach.  She would accept any challenge I gave her: week after week; we would meet for her coaching session and week after week we would set a couple new goals and low and behold; week after week she would achieve those goals.   The lesson here is to be coach - able and you will be successful!

The other strong woman by my side was Jeanette; one of my best friends from high school.  She was my strength, my supporter, cheerleader,  my rock.  Being a much stronger and faster runner than I, Jeanette could have run  circles around me but she ran this race "for me".  She never had any desire to run a full marathon.  She did it to support me in fulfilling my lifelong goal.  God Bless Jeanette.
  She had run multiple half marathons as have I, but the difference was I yearned to complete a full.  She always said she never wanted to run a full until she discovered it was on my 50th birthday.  She felt it was meant to be and committed right then and there.

What an amazing friend!

So, here I am...I lived to tell the tale.

The after marathon journey is now upon me.  My next quest.  Get back down to my wedding day weight again, zip that dress back up and renew my wedding vows with my husband of 16 years.  On our 17th wedding anniversary which is 11 months away.  I would like to renew our vows on the beach in Cancun at the Grand Carribe Resort where we stayed on our honeymoon.

My goal...to have my wedding gown be shortened to a sexy length to show off my soon to be muscular sexy legs.

Hold on tight.  It's going to be a journey you will not want to miss.
Tools:
Curves Complete
Epicure Good Food Real Results
Organo Gold coffee
Curves Circuit Strength Training Workout
Curves Workout with Jillian Michaels
Curves Pilates
Curves Yoga
Training for a half Marathon - April
Training for  a Triathlon July



I would like to challenge you to set a big goal...it's fun and exciting to work towards something big.  In July...I hope to have inspired 100 or more people to Try a Tri.  Will you be one?

No comments: