Saturday, July 5, 2008

Kidney Infection steals my focus

I got very sick on Canada Day and just got worse day by day. Thought it was heat stroke from being in the sun and heat all day. Apparently I have a kidney infection. Whoa! Not fun at all.

The first thing the doctor said was, I have to drink lots of Gatorade. Do you know how many calories are in Gatorade, I told him. Isnt there something else that will help me rehydrate aside from that? No. I told him about my weight loss quest...and he told me I had to put "my quest" on hold until this cleared up. So, ... no working out, or running and he also said that my blood sugar levels are very low so I need the sugar from this ridiculous gatorade. Yuck! I dont even like Gatorade, never mind 240 calories of what tastes like pure sugar.

The antibiotics have started to kick in now, and I am finally over my nausea and back aches and major head aches and fever. Hallalleuia.

Okay, now game on...
Now, I have 2 days ahead of me of 3 family get togethers to attend. 3 Birthday celebrations. Tough when life gets in the way of your plans...

1 comment:

Middlesister said...

Dear Linda, I can only imagine the anguish you are going through. I KNOW that this will pass and you will be fine. Wow, I feel so bad, but you inspire me so much and I KNOW YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS!
Mary Warren