Sunday, June 1, 2008

10 Down and 45 to go

My energy levels and excitement are so high. I hit my nutrition targets today and I am so proud. It was not easy but it was fun checking out different ways to get in my protein. Tuna, although not my favourite food; it is sooo high in protein and sooo low in fat that it is practically a perfect food if there is such a thing. If you asked me a short while ago, I would not have been telling you that 'TUNA' was a perfect food. Probably more like movie theatre popcorn; perfect on a "flavour scale" that is. Nutritionally not so much!

Went on a family walk today, ended up at the park, Brooklin brought her friend Ashley and while they were on the climbing bars, Brooklin bruised her knee. They had worn their rollerblades so rather than have her hobble home on her sore knee, I ran home with the dog and got the car. My goal was to get back for her as quick as I could and the sprint was exhilerating. Any time I can steal away for some extra cardio, I am jumping at the chance.

Tuna for me is all in what you add to it and what kind. Albacore tuna in water is the best nutritionally and flavour-wise. If you add some crunchy chopped veggies (like celery and onion, I even tried shredded carrots), dry mustard, lemon juice and a teeny bit of light mayo and some dill, its actually quite good. Oh ya and black ground pepper too.

I weighed in this morning and I am down to 190 pounds, that means I have lost 10 pounds so far...with just 45 to go. I figure if I lose 2.5 pounds per week, I can make it to my goal of 145 by Oct. 23rd. Here's hoping!!

Every week that I reach or exceed my 2.5 pound goal, I am going to reward myself in some way. Even if its just a bouquet of fresh cut flowers as a reminder to celebrate my success.

My husband, Nick amazes me. He is really more supportive than he even knows. He keeps telling me that he knows I will reach my goal, he sees my determination and believes that I will do it. He fears if it does not happen by Oct. 23rd that I will be so disappointed but he wanted me to know that lets just say if...I don't quite make it by then, that I will make it and its more than okay if I make it there 2 weeks later or 2 months later or however much longer it may take. He loves me no matter what number is on the scale. Bless his heart.

But I am going to make it by then. PERIOD, END OF STORY!

No comments: