Thursday, June 5, 2008

My big Red cooler bag filled with food

I am wiped out today. Another loooong day, just got finished again after 930pm.

Family missing me tons from being away such long hours. Need to figure out a better plan.

I loved every minute of this action packed day at Curves. Trained 5 new members on the circuit and managed to miraculously fit in my 30 minute Curves workout. Burned close to 500 calories in my 30 minute workout. Felt great.

On long days like this... away from home for so long, the old me would have been skipping meals until I was starving after hours with no food and then go get some form of take out out of desperation. But not now, I am packing up my big red cooler bag and bringing it with me to work. Its is filled with all the nutritious food I need to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Thats the key success, be Prepared & Plan ahead!!

3 comments:

Focused said...

Catherine:

Thank you so much for your encouraging words and support.

I was so excited to see someone had commented on my blog.

I really hope that my story and journey will give hope and inspiration to others to put themselves at the front of the line too! My family is very supportive and agrees I deserve to do this for me. My husband called me at work this morning to offer to go for a run with me tonight even though deep down I know that is the last thing in the world he would choose to do is RUN...but he wants me to know he is behind me 100%. I feel very blessed for that. When the paper referred to me thriving to be a better Mom and wife, what I really meant is that "doing this for myself" and making time for something so important to me, will make me feel more empowered to embrace all of my roles with more energy and enthusiasm than ever before. Sometimes we all get caught up in doing for others and forget to do for ourselves. On an unconcious level, resentment can play a role and take enjoyment out of our daily routine. One of the messages I have on my bulletin board is to Remind yourself often...The purpose of life isn't to get it all done but to enjoy each step along the way and live a life filled with love. Live with No Regrets. That is my mission. Sometimes, when you are not taking care of yourself and things start piling up, its easy to feel like you are just trying to "get it all done" and cross off as many things off your to-do list as possible without focusing on ENJOYING THE PROCESS. When I met my husband 10 years ago, I had my own business and 3 part=time jobs. I was all about "working" and "getting things done". He balanced my world by having me take time to enjoy life.

So, once again I so much appreciate your words of encouragement and support. Bless you for taking the time to write and to care.

Middlesister said...

HI Linda, you know me as Mary from your McLeod Rd Curves, and I am Chris Morocco's mom. I am so excited for you and you have given me inspiration and I think it is CONTAGIOUS!YOU GO GIRL

Focused said...

Middlesister Mary: Wow, I just read who it is. I worked my way backwards on the comments. So glad you are inspired. Lets do it together. The sky is the limit. Your story you told me the other day moved me as well and reminds us what is really important in this world. Those whom we love. I admire your warmth and willingness to make a difference. So glad you started working out on MY SHIFT. Your spirit lights up the circuit. Thank you for being you. Now lets get busy!!