Friday, June 6, 2008

Heat Wave!

Wow, this sudden heat wave really drains your energy.
We had a family birthday today. Our puppy turned one today. Happy Birthday Paisley.

We had a fun-filled Puppy Birthday party tonight with a neighbourhood puppy friend as her guest along with Brooklin, my 7 year old daughter and all the neighbourhood kids. Puppies got puppy-loot bags and earned reward ribbons for running races. The dogs wore party hats and enjoyed the kiddy pool thats been passed down to the puppy. The kids enjoyed sugar free freezies and lit sparklers. One little girl told me that it was the most fun Puppy pool party she has ever been to. Probably the ONLY puppy party she has ever been to I'm guessing.

Nick barbequed the most delicous steaks for dinner and I had a whole bunch of cauliflower with it and a small baked potatoe. It was heavenly and on track, imagine that!

Thank goodness I did my Curves workout today because this heat did not invite me to go for a run...although my husband offered to go with me...I passed due to sheer exhaustion. No central air in my house. I think I will sweat out 10 pounds tonight while I sleep. Hey, not a bad plan...

3 comments:

twinmum said...

Wow, I really know what you mean about the heat. I found an article in the Niagara This Week about you today. I know this sounds like a tired cliche but your story is mine! I am a few years younger, with 3 daughters and a husband who left us a few years ago to be with his girlfriend. I weigh the same as you and also cannot believe how this ugly body came into being. The compulsive eating? Me, too. I will follow your story and hope to perhaps speak to you one day. God bless!

Valerie said...

I too read your story in Niagara This Week. And I also have a very similar story. I was in much the same position as you in the beginning and I am now also remarried and much happier with my life except for the weight I have gained since Christmas. I have never weighed this much before. I am 55 yrs old and have high blood pressure. I wish I could find a way to get rid of this extra 50 pounds.

Focused said...

TwinMom and Valerie:

I am so glad that both of you took the time to read about my story and comment on my blog.

Its very scary to wake up one day and realize that you dont really know where "you" went...and how you ended up in the place that you are and today. I understand exactly how you feel. I hope you will join me in my quest and take back control. I am now down 14 pounds since May 20th and am daily starting to feel a little bit more like "ME". Because I am taking the time to workout and plan healthy meals for myself, I am feeling so much more love for those important people in my life. Doing for them is sheer joyful and gives me great pleasure to make day to day events, special. Something as simple as forming a flower shape with cucumbers and carrots for my daughter with a little dip in the center of the flower. Tasks that in the past were beginning to feel tedious and mundane and obligatory have become fun and creative and more like special opportunities to show them how much I love and appreciate them. I am following the Curves Complete Online Weight Management Program. It is amazing. You feel so satisfied and fulfilled, and will enjoy delicious foods. You are not deprived even the slightest and the best part is its easy and it works. If you would like, I can provide you with a free 30 days voucher so that you can try it. Just email me if you are interested. My email is linda.andras@sympatico.ca I would love to see you both take back the control and put yourself at the front of the line. You deserve it! Let me know if you are up for the challenge of doing this together.

Remember, if you continue to do what you have always done, you will continue to get what you have always got. Its time for a change and you can do it!