Thursday, June 12, 2008

Drinking Water, Water , and more Water

In my quest to drink more water, I have tried some tricks that have worked.

For those of you who do not know, I STRUGGLE to get my water in every day. I worship people that LOVE water. I want to LOVE water...but I really dont. I have to pretend I do to my daughter and now she too is drinking more water.

So, here's what I have tried.

I have water in front of my nose at every moment of the day. I buy cases of water and I just dug out the water cooler from the spare room and cleaned it up. Now its in the kitchen where it should be and in my face. You can drink way more water out of a big glass than out of the tiny spout of a water bottle...so this is good.

But, I also have water bottles with me everywhere I go. When I am working out, I leave the cap off the water bottle, I save time unscrewing it and can just dive right in and start gulping. Nestle water may have a slightly higher sodium content than other water bottles but the bottle is really squishy so you can literally squish the water out and down your throat. Every stoplight, drink water. When you are stuck in traffic, rather than grip the steering wheel, drink water.

I am adding water to my protein shake. Sneaking water in whenever I can. It even helps to eat water-rich foods like celery and lettuce, hey there's water in there. If you have decaf tea or coffee they too count as water.

My Mom drinks two waters as soon as she wakes up, what a great idea.

Even soups made with a low sodium broth, there is more water.

My skin and hair are feeling a happy healthy differnce to what I am
doing.

Start out with 8 loose blue elastics on one wrist in the morning. As you drink 8 ounces, take off an elastic and switch it to the other wrist, when you have switched them all over to the other side, you can go to bed.

Ahhhhh, Good night

2 comments:

Middlesister said...

I am going to take up your challenge and try to get to my goal weight by MY anniversary in November too!
YOU ROCK, YOU RULE

Focused said...

Alright Middlesister, thats awesome. Lets do this together. Whats your Actual Anniversary date in November?

How exciting to know what you are shooting for. Now you have a target so you know what you are aiming for. You go girl!