Tuesday, June 3, 2008

No time to eat

Today was a really busy day at Curves. Although I am determined to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, today there was just not even one second to stop. We were just hopping with phone calls and appointments....so, I went 5 hours without eating. This is not good.

Once again, I know better but sometimes your day gets away from you and you just have to do your best with what you have to work with.

The old me "the all perfect or forget it" me would have gave in the towel for the day...but I am determined to keep my "focus".

Because I literally missed a snack and lunch (two meals), it was impossible to catch up on all the missed eating and you should'nt even try. I came in really low on my target calories, protein and believe it or not even low on my fat for the day, but thats okay. I will do better tomorrow. If this happened more than one day in a row, it would bring back compulsive eating tendencies because when your body has gone without eating for any length of time, you tend to want to "eat the house" .

If its a matter of forgetting to eat, a great tip is to set your cell phone alarm or any other timer to go off every 2 1/2 to 3 hours...as a reminder until it becomes second nature for your body to start reminding you. This will keep your metabolism's engine roaring and will fight off those dreaded starvation hormones from producing in your body which will actually S L O W down your metabolism. Thats the last thing we want to happen when are goal is to lose weight.

I had a great workout at Curves today and also managed to squeeze in a 45 minute run tonight after dinner. I feel great!

I checked my body fat % tonight and its down almost 1% in just 2 weeks. Yahoo!

1 comment:

Middlesister said...

OH WOW, THAT IS AMAZING ABOUT YOUR BODY FAT IN THAT LENGTH OF TIME