Thursday, June 5, 2008

Fitting in exercise

This post is actually from Wed. June 5th but my computer was not cooperating last night.

Wed. June 4th.
Unexpectedly, my workday today went from 830am straight through to 9:30 pm. My workout today did not happen. By the time I got home, I just wanted to spend what little bit of time I could with Nick and Brooklin before bedtime. My good intentions for getting in a workout went out the door.

Thankfully, I had rode my bike with Brooklin in the morning to take her to school and then had forgotten my house keys in her backpack which was with her at school and had to ride my bike back to the school to retrieve the keys. Plus, I probably did 4 first workouts with new members and was literally running off my feet the whole day. But, nonetheless, my scheduled workout never happened.

I am trying to build in automatic exercise into our family schedule which is not only ensuring we all move a little bit more but also its fun family time outdoors. If we can possibly walk or ride our bike somewhere, we are leaving the car at home. You should have seen Brooklin and I the other day at the grocery store. Thank goodness I have a baby seat on the back of my bike as I had to bungy cord in a case of water and 4 bags of groceries onto the back of my bike. It was a challenge but we had fun tackling it together.

I am going to try to set up a more structured "sure thing" training schedule so that this does not happen again.

No comments: